In the US, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint slashed prices on the full retail cost of the phone, scrambling to outdo each other for the most attractive deals. See the full list of Galaxy S9 deals here, but remember that they're only good for a limited time, and carriers often don't share what that expiration date is.

At this point, you're probably asking yourself: Is the Galaxy S9 the correct hot, new phone to buy? I've been testing both the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus for over two weeks now. And I'm 85 percent certain that these beautiful, powerful phones are two of the best that money can buy. However, the remaining 15 percent of me hangs on to the nagging disappointment that the world's largest Android brand could have done even better. Let me explain why -- and why, for some of you, my minor objections may not matter.

From a bird's-eye view, I see top-of-the-line specs combined with excellent design, internal speeds and outdoor photography. Samsung's hardware remains at the top of the market, which makes the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus excellent all-rounders that can handle the usual roster of activities and last a work day on a single charge.

In the US, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint slashed prices on the full retail cost of the phone, scrambling to outdo each other for the most attractive deals. See the full list of Galaxy S9 deals here, but remember that they're only good for a limited time, and carriers often don't share what that expiration date is.

At this point, you're probably asking yourself: Is the Galaxy S9 the correct hot, new phone to buy? I've been testing both the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus for over two weeks now. And I'm 85 percent certain that these beautiful, powerful phones are two of the best that money can buy. However, the remaining 15 percent of me hangs on to the nagging disappointment that the world's largest Android brand could have done even better. Let me explain why -- and why, for some of you, my minor objections may not matter.

From a bird's-eye view, I see top-of-the-line specs combined with excellent design, internal speeds and outdoor photography. Samsung's hardware remains at the top of the market, which makes the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus excellent all-rounders that can handle the usual roster of activities and last a work day on a single charge.

Newer Post